Questions & Answers About Hypnosis by phone or Skype:
Can distance hypnosis be effective when done by phone or Skype? Yes, and with ease. Ask anyone who has experienced it and they will tell you trance was deep, the suggestions really "stuck", and it was convenient, relaxing and fun. In person therapy sessions with a trained hypnotist are not necessary; only listening and concentrating is.
What is general hypnosis? It is a natural state you experience daily. You may know it by other names such as focused concentration, daydreaming, highway hypnosis, being preoccupied, visualization, guided meditation or being in love.
What if I have never been hypnotized before? Of course you have been hypnotized before, just not by a professional hypnotist. When you watch TV or a movie and become totally absorbed by it -- you are in a light trance state. When you sit down at your computer to surf the web and time seems to fly by, you are in a trance state: time distortion is a primary indicator of trance. When you daydream on the freeway and miss your exit, you are in a state we understand as highway hypnosis. The only difference between these states and a professional session is that with a professional, certified hypnotist, you are completely absorbed by the task you've set for yourself to improve your life. And it's safe, relaxing and very effective.
You will need; One or two hours of uninterrupted time, a recliner or comfortable chair with arms. For telephone sessions you will need a land line telephone, (with enough battery charge if it's a cordless). I do not recommend using cell phones as calls are dropped frequently by cellphones. I also strongly recommend that you use a telephone or computer head set.
You can download Skype for FREE here: https://www.skype.com/en/download-skype/skype-for-computer/ Please copy and paste this link into your browser.
You will also need to be connected to Skype for Internet sessions.
Your session will be recorded and sent to you via an MP3 file.
What does it cost? Normally the cost is $ 88.00 CAD for most one hour sessions. The consultation is free. . Please email me with your questions.
The Stop Smoking in One Session with Hypnosis by Skype or Phone is $200.00. (The cost is $260.00 at my office). Please see my Stop Smoking With Hypnosis page for more options and prices.
Please note that office sessions range from $180.00 to $260.00 CAD.
How do I pay? I use PayPal, or Interact E-Mail Money Transfer. (I can email the easy instructions about how to use your credit card with PayPal if needed.) Please note that Prepayment for all sessions is required.
Should I buy a package of sessions? It's best to pay for each separately, since I cannot know in advance how long the treatment will take for your particular case.
How long does a session take? About an hour (though the first session might take longer to get acquainted). The Stop Smoking in One Session with Hypnosis and Emotional Freedom Technique is approximately 2.5 hours in length.
How many sessions will I need? Every client is different. For example a recreational tennis player typically needs one, while tennis pros who use hypnotists may use us weekly or monthly.
Hypnosis for spiritual exploration can go on for a lifetime. Smokers who truly want to quit can do that in one session; but those who are just doing it because someone else wants them too will need more sessions. With Ultra Height hypnosis typically 1 to 6 sessions are needed.
Is there anything negative about phone or Skype sessions compared to one on one office sessions? No. However, some people prefer to meet me face to face. If you live within driving distance of the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) you can arrange an office session.
What advantages are there to doing hypnosis by phone or Skype?
1. Comfort. Because you're in your own home you often will enjoy a higher level of concentration and depth of trance. This often makes your sessions are more effective than being in the office of someone you just met.
2. Convenience. You'll have access to your favorite hypnotist -- even though I may be halfway around the world. Also there is no need to drive to your appointment, find parking, worry about traffic and bad weather or take public transit.
4. Reduced Cost. Telephone and Skype sessions cost significantly less than office sessions.
Can you give me some quick tips before my first session? Be sure to tell me your issues, age, and whether you're under the care of a doctor. Visit the bathroom before your hypnosis session. Wear comfortable clothes. Leave your arms or legs uncrossed while entering trance to reach the right depth more quickly. Make sure you intend to follow instructions. Understand that you may need several sessions for lasting results for some issues.
Are there risks or bad side effects? No. It's safe, natural, and you'll lose nothing but your problems.
Is it entertainment? No. I offer the highest-quality, professional therapeutic hypnosis. It will be G-rated, relaxing and totally about you getting your goals met. Phone and Skype sessions will be kept ethical with high moral standards or they will be terminated immediately.
How do I schedule this? Email me to discover whether or not this will be a suitable avenue for you. I'll send you an email intake form, and we'll go from there. I am in this profession to help.
Are results guaranteed? Unfortunately, no. Results will vary. You are paying for my time, expertise and knowledge. No one can guarantee another person's motives or behavior and it is in my opinion misleading to imply otherwise.
Preparing for the on-line session:
- Stimulants : please do not have coffee, tea or anything with caffeine for two hours before the session
- A full bladder can be an impediment and a discomfort so make sure you empty your bladder before the session.
- A heavy meal can make you sleepy and can also make you feel uncomfortable, so no heavy meals before the session. On the other hand, being very hungry is not good either, if you are hungry before the session, have a small snack and drink some water.
- I know you love your pet (if you have one), but for the sake of a successful hypnosis session, you have to find a solution to have a quiet and uninterrupted space.
- You must not have music or TV playing in the background.
- Make sure you don’t have any disturbance from other people or pets in your residence for the duration of the session (some put a sign on their door). Unless it’s an emergency, it’s important not to be interrupted.
- Make sure you don’t have a cell or land-line phone that rings during the session (silent mode).
- A friend or family member can be with you in the room to help you out or to make you feel more secure during the session through her/his presence, but this it is not necessary. This person has to stay silent and still during the session,
- If there are any interruptions in
your environment that necessitate ending the session early you will still be
responsible for the payment of the session.
Please email me if you need more information.
It will always be my goal to provide you with the utmost in client-centered, compassionate and responsible hypnosis sessions-- from initial contact to successful outcome with great results!
N.B. I reserve the right to refuse service to any prospective or current client without explanation. Posted fees and agreements are subject to change at any time without notice.
Rev. Sheila Scott